Baahubali 2 – Fitting Conclusion to a Grand Saga
- Directed by S. S. Rajamouli
- Produced by Shobu Yarlagadda, Prasad Devineni
- Screenplay by K. V. Vijayendra Prasad, S. S. Rajamouli
- Story by K. V. Vijayendra Prasad
- Starring Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah
- Music by M. M. Keeravani
- Cinematography K. K. Senthil Kumar
- Release date 28-Apr-17
- Running time 171 minutes (Telugu),168 minutes (Tamil)
- Language Telugu, Tamil, Hindi
- Box office 1,227 crore (US$190 million)
- Budget 250 crore (US$39 million)
Baahubali 2 – totally keeping up to the expectations set by its prequel, celebrates cinematic grandeur at its best. Shot with brilliant opulence and fully realizing the confidence generated by the first part, it is a visual treat.
The story looks into seeking answer for the question that kept the whole nation curious for over a year ,i.e. Why Kattappa killed Baahubali. We witnessed change in US presidency, demonetization, births and deaths of our near and dear ones in between but the question was still alive.
With strong characterization and right mix of suspense, comedy, emotion and action, we tend to forget that it’s an age old story based around getting control of power and empire where good wins over evil in the end. The VFX work is amazing and so are the acting and cinematography heightened by taut story-telling. Just when you are about to start yawning at some forceful comedy efforts, some brilliant dramatization will bring you right back to the edge of your sit.
M.M. Keeravani’s music is apt and joyful when required. All the actors did an excellent job, special mention must go to Prabhas (playing Amrendra Baahubali for the best part) and Anushka Shetty (as Princess Devasena).
Overall, Baahubali shows what cinema can be and future cinema is going to be – don’t miss viewing it in big screen !